Friday, November 28, 2008

Confessions of a Lazy Blogger

By way of full disclosure, I feel compelled to confess a trick that I have learned that I intend to employ in future as part of my letter-writing campaign. It seems that many members of Congress have configured their websites to only receive email from constituents. However, their websites almost invariably contain links to organizations within their districts that provide a ZIP code that may be used to get through their email filter. In the case of Jo Bonner I actually printed out my letter and ran down to the post office to post it. In the case of Mike Rogers I gave my ZIP code and mailing address as that of the Cherokee County Chamber of Commerce. This is deceptive, of course, but I feel that my transgression is no worse than that of the Congressman who has arbitrarily placed obstacles in the path of citizens seeking to contact him.

No comments: